Monday 5 June 2017

Sharp practice, part 1

It is time for a temporary change of project, of more modest (i.e. manageable) size. At the local wargames club (which I have joined recently) 28mm Sharp Practice 2 is played, while 28mm 'grand manner' games aren't. Therefore it makes sense for me to paint up a French skirmish side, for which I have drawn some plans and started working on them already.

There will be:
- four 8-strong fusiliers units
- two 6-strong voltigeurs units
- three foot officers
- one fusilier NCO

48 miniatures in total. We shall see if, in time, I add a cavalry unit, or a gun; a drummer or a flag bearer. I have chosen the pre-1812 Perry Miniatures range. Fusiliers will all be part of the 2nd company of their regiment - the pompoms will be blue - which makes sense if I one day add a flag (since it is carried by the 2nd company of the battalion).

I have painted the first 10 men already this May. Which allows a closer look at the Perry Miniatures FN158 pack (fusiliers, march attack). A nice diversity of poses, I think.

FN158 pack, front view

FN158 pack, back view
And a few group shots of the first fusiliers unit, lead by an NCO and a captain. Wow, these took longer to paint than anticipated. So much lining! I almost miss greatcoats! But they really look good.

NCO and captain
first unit done!

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking unit. I'm planning to do Sharp Practice too once I finish my second British Division for the Peninsular War. Going to do AWI though for a change. Bought a collection of figures from a forum sales page, some done, some started, most bare metal and picked up some plastic sprues from Warlords current sale to round them out.

    Tony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antony, and best of luck with your project!

      Delete