Sunday 27 September 2015

7th Cuirassier, part 2

About 3 weeks into this regiment, I have completed the command stand of the 7th Cuirassier (Colonel, trumpetter and Eagle bearer) and started working on one more cuirassier. So here are some photos of the work so far.

I gave the Colonel a black horse.





The trumpetter: as usual it took ages to achieve a satisfying results on the horse grey! also, that was a lot of yellow on the uniform... a pain to paint: over a black priming it takes at least two layers!




And the Eagle bearer. Note the flag has not been glued yet.




 The last few photos are WIP, and may be the most interesting. They show how I first prime black and drybrush in grey, then paint the horse, then paint the rider (barely started here).



The experienced eye will notice that I painted a number (the 7) on the saddle cloth where we often have a grenade (as in my other three Cuirassier regiments). I thought it would add variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment