Friday 20 July 2018

Anglo-Danish warband

In the last couple of months I have been distracted by a side project - an Anglo-Danish Saga warband (Saga is played regularly at my local wargaming club). I ordered the miniatures from Warlord Games but these are the former Saxon Miniatures range.

On the website they are listed as:
Saxon Huscarls with Dane Axe (x8)
Saxon Ceorls A (x8)
Saxon Ceorls B (x8)
Saxon Leaders - Battle of Hastings

Which make up in the Saga rules for two units of Heathguard (with Danish Axe), two of Warriors (with Spears), and the leader.

For a while I contemplated ordering transfers for the shield and a flag. Eventually I decided to hand paint it all - which proved to be quite a challenge! The flag is made of a wine bottle metal header.







Painted in April-July 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment